Monday, April 29, 2019

What I want in my life now at the age of 58...

Today is Monday the 29th of April 2019...It has been quite a while that I've written on my faithful blog-the Salambangi. Looking at the foot of the blog I noticed quite a number of people have been reading my blog and the posts that I've written.  I believe more than 100,000 views for this blog alone. This is not an insignificant number of people who have read my blog. Most of them tend to read more on the blogs I've written about food or about the restaurants I've visited. Some, however, appreciate about general things that I have written about. Today I'm going to spend some time to write about myself, a topic that is so dear to me.

I'm now getting to the age of 58 years old and was born in Sg Petani in 1962. Sungai Petani then was just a small town, unlike today. It was a sleepy town in which most people knew everybody. At the age of 58, I still feel young at heart but physically I don't think I have the strength to carry a 100 kilos of load. I don't think I can even run 100-meter dash because all the muscles have gone missing or wasted. I might not have the young man physical built but I'm thankful I'm still fit physically fit as a senior citizen. My blood pressure hovers around 120 -130 over 80 which is not bad considering Im joining the eg series group. My sugar level is around 5-6 which is not very good but not very bad either. My heart is still pumping with an occasional erratic beating but  I believe its still working good although I noticed occasionally there were some irregular rhythms. I've complained to IJN but they were saying that there's nothing wrong with me. They have done a battery of tests on my heart but they could not find obvious weaknesses... except for some fattening of the liver. I'm just praying that it would last for a few more good years.

At that age and at that kind of physical condition, there are a number of things that I wish for. The first wish that I hope for good health conferred by Allah. I just don't want to demand perfect health but good enough for me to work and earn my living and stay independent despite having ever helping children of mine. I don't want to depend on my children for anything. I believe I've trained my children to respect and always love their parents but I don't want to make myself a burden to my own children. I really treasure independence. For that, I pray that I would continue to have good health so that I make my own decisions and go wherever I want to go. I know it's not easy to stay healthy considering at this age you can afford to go to any fancy restaurants to indulge yourself and your family.

I also hope that I'm given a longer life to be with my loved ones. I know that the average age of Malaysian is around 73 years old but it's no guarantee that you live a minimum of that age. I read in the newspaper especially in Bandar Baru Bangi that people are dying at an earlier age because of some modern diseases like cancer and heart failures. There are some people who just die before the age of 45. I pray that I would live longer and healthier. There's no point living longer if you can't even walk or take care of yourself. I have seen my eldest son getting married and  I want to see my daughter at the wedding dais with her beautiful wedding gowns. I want to see my youngest child getting married to someone that he loves so much. I want to see all those beautiful occasions personally while I'm still healthy. I would like to see all my children having their own abode and their own dreams materialize. I would like to see the kind of houses that would buy. I pray that I'm given that chance to witness all these things that I dream of.

I also hope that I have the time to travel to many countries that I've not been to. I've yet to set my foot in New Zealand and Morocco. I want to see how beautiful the countries are. I was dreaming of taking a caravan and coast around the countries with my family. I also would like to visit Turkey. I want to see the Blue mosque with my own eyes. I want to take a river cruise along the Bosporus river in Turkey. I also want to enjoy all the delicious bread one sees on Youtube. I'm also hoping to go to Tunisia. I want o go to that special food area in the country that serves chicken Tenzin and other delectable dishes.

These are some of the worldly wishes that I dream of. There are other spiritual wishes that I want and I hope I would also get them.





























































































































































.I want to be strong enough to stay independently and not to depend on my children.











No comments: