Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Yb Nik Aziz


YB Nik Aziz


The PRU 13 is just round the corner. All political parties are working 24/7 to potray good party image to the public and potential voters. If you look closer party flags are mushrooming along the roads. An average voter like me could not care much. I'm refering the the flags lined along the road. But I do care whats happening to the country politically , economically and socially.


But one thing that I would like to share is my disdain for some political leaders be it UMNO leaders or the PAS Ulamas. One such leader that I would like to focus on  today is Yang Berhormat Dato Nik Aziz, the spiritual leader and adviser of PAS. I would like to refer him as YB because I think lately he has become more of a full time politician rather than an Ulama. I think his views are changing and fluctuating according to his own interpretation of Islam. His belief is no more grounded on the  theological perpective but more of a political one. Because of this he does not deseve to be called an Ulama. He has made many inconsistent decisions and blunders that run paralel with his political actions and views. My respect for him as an Ulama has gone and diminished. The many wronged decisions made by YB have of course  benefiited UMNO members  to the chagrin of the thousands fence sitters.

One great political inpact of his non theological decisions is the diunity among the Malays. The Malay Bumiputeras are breaking up to the extend that their polical base is now weakening to great advantage to the Non Malays particulaly the racist DAP party. The power base of the Malays are eroding very fast and political landscape will become more centrist just like our neighbour in the south. I'm not surprised that one day we will become more like a republic

My hope is that the Malays realize this great challenges that are facing them. The Malays must be united and I believe that UMNO is a better political party to protect the religion and the race. Voting for PAS at this jucture will greatly weaken the Malay pillars and tend to benefit the racist non-Malays particularly those in DAP.

No comments: